European Online Chess Club Cup 2021 concluded yesterday after an intense final stage and the Winner of the event became the German team SF Deizisau e.V!
91 teams participated in the event and 18 teams proceeded to Play-offs. The best 10 teams of Play-offs qualified for the Final phase which took place from 30th-31st March and decided the Winners of the event!
Team of SF Deizisau e.V. scored 14 match points to be the sole Winner of the event, while second place came to Clichy Echecs 92 from France with 13 match points. Two teams tied for the bronze medal with a score of 11 match points, each: Mednyi Vsadnik (Russia) and Poland Hussars (Poland), but according to board points, Mednyi Vsadnik took third place.
Special prize “Vasily Smyslov” is awarded to a winner of the best game of the tournament! The Winner of the prize is Artemiev Vladislav who won Bartel Mateusz! The game can be seen here.
The best individual players per board, will be awarded special prizes according to their performance: the top three individual board players will receive e-medals, while the best players per board will be awarded a money prize of 400 EUR.
1st Board the best players:
- GM Duda Jan-Krzysztof (POL, 2729, Poland Hussars), Performance: 2890
- GM Van Foreest Jorden (NED, 2701, Clichy Echecs 92), Performance: 2857
- GM Fedoseev Vladimir (RUS, 2687, Mednyi Vsadnik), Performance: 2823
2nd Board the best players:
- GM Vidit Santosh Gujrathi (IND, 2726, Novy Bor), Performance: 2786
- GM Matlakov Maxim (RUS, 2688, Mednyi Vsadnik), Performance: 2726
- GM Howell David W L (ENG, 2658, 4NCL Guildford), Performance: 2725
3rd Board the best players:
- GM Socko Bartosz (POL, 2618, Poland Hussars), Performance: 2674
- GM Amin Bassem (EGY, 2695, Clichy Echecs 92), Performance: 2664
- GM Abasov Nijat (AZE, 2664, Odlar Yurdu), Performance: 2654
4th Board the best players:
- GM Esipenko Andrey (RUS, 2701, Mednyi Vsadnik), Performance: 2767
- GM Jones Gawain C B (END, 2670, 4NCL Guildford), Performance: 2708
- GM Durarbayli Vasif (AZE, 2606, Odlar Yurdu), Performance: 2697
5th Board (Reserve players):
- GM Keymer Vincent (GER, 2591, SF Deizisau e.V.), Performance: 2812
- GM Shimanov Aleksandr (RUS, 2597, Mednyi Vsadnik), Performance: 2661
- GM Safarli Eltaj (AZE, 2598, Odlar Yurdu), Performance: 2656
All the results and standings can be found here.
The Closing Ceremony of the event will take place on Friday, 2nd of April, starting from 17:00 CET and will be broadcasted through the ECU Twitch channel and through the European Chess TV Youtube channel.
All the rounds and games of the event were broadcasted live from the ECU LIVE studio, together with commentaries by WGM Keti Tsatsalashvili and her special guests: ECU President Zurab Azmaiparashvili, ECU Vice Presidents: Adrian Mikhalchishin, Dana Reizniece-Ozola and Eva Repkova.