The first leg of FIDE Women’s Grand Prix will be held from 2nd to 16th October 2015, in Monte Carlo, Monaco.
FIDE announced the Women’s Grand Prix 2015-2016 which will give qualification to the Women’s World Championship match in 2017.
Another European city will be the host of the third leg of Women’s Grand Prix – Tbilisi/Georgia, in May 2016.
Second leg will take place in Kish/Iran in February 2016, while the last stage will be held in Chengdu/China in July 2016.
16 players will participate, 10 qualifiers as per regulations (listed below) + 4 nominees from the organizers of each tournament (to be announced), + 2 nominees of the FIDE President (to be announced).
The 10 original qualifiers who have to confirm their participation by 20 August 2015 are:
- Muzychuk, Mariya (World Champion, Sochi 2015)
- Pogonina, Natalija (finalist World Championship, Sochi 2015)
- Cramling, Pia (semi-finalist World Championship, Sochi 2015)
- Harika, Dronavalli (semi-finalist World Championship, Sochi 2015)
- Hou, Yifan (by rating)
- Koneru, Humpy (by rating)
- Dzagnidze, Nana (by rating)
- Ju, Wenjun (by rating)
- Muzychuk, Anna (by rating)
- Gunina, Valentina (by rating)
The first reserve for any replacement needed is Alexandra Kosteniuk (by rating).
More information here.