The 36th European Club Cup and the 25th European Club Cup for Women will take place from 17th-25th September 2021 in Struga, Ohrid Lake, North Macedonia.
The championships will be held in 7 rounds, played in the Swiss system in accordance with the ECU Tournament Rules. According to FIDE and ECU rules, the time control will be 90 minutes for 40 moves plus 30 minutes for the rest of the game with an increment of 30 seconds per move, starting from move one.
Each European federation is allowed to take part in this competition. According to the regulations, participation is open to:
- Obiettivo Risarcimento Padova, Italy, the current cup holder in the open competition.
- Five (5) clubs per federation in which a national team championship is organized or four (4) clubs per federation in which no national team championship is organized.
There is no restriction how the clubs will be selected by the National federations
- Any additional request for participation should be examined by the ECU Board
- In the Women competition all the club members of ECU Federations are allowed to participate.
- Clubs shall be registered through the National chess Federations or direct if there is no objection from the National Chess Federation.
- All players fees and compositions restrictions are waived only for the year 2021 by decision of the ECU Board.
Every federation that intends to participate, with one or more clubs, must inform the Organizing Committee before August 01, 2021 of its acceptance of the invitation, specifying also the exact number of the clubs participating. A copy should be sent to the Tournament Director Mr. Petr Pisk , e-mail: email@example.com
The date of August 15, 2021, is the registration deadline. The basic team composition shall be submitted with the entry form.
The complete registration form must include SURNAME/s, FIRSTNAME/s, FIDE_ID number, FIDE_RATING and FIDE_TITLE, and PASSPORT_NUMBER of each player. It must also include the name and telephone / e-mail / fax number of the Chief of Delegation and of the person in charge of the Club. The Organizing Committee will contact each of the Teams to confirm the registration and booking.
The open teams shall be composed of six (6) players and two (2) reserves
For the women competition the teams shall be composed of four (4) players and one (1) reserve.
The OPEN event will be held in the 5* hotel Izgrev, Struga, Ohrid lake.
The Women event will be held in 4* hotel Drim, Struga, Ohrid Lake, beside river Drim.
The total prize fund of the event is 44.000 Euros. The first ranked 3 teams will receive trophies. Each team member of the winning clubs open & women (players, reserves and captain) will receive a gold medal. The team members of the 2nd and 3rd placed clubs will each receive a silver and bronze medal respectively.
The total prizes value of 44.000 Euros will be distributed as follows:
The official website of the European Club Cup 2021 is http://europeanchessclubcup2021.com.mk
Contact information: Tel: +389 70 247247, IO Zoran Stojcevski