February 2016 edition of the European Chess Union Newsletter is out!
In this edition of the monthly ECU Newsletter you will find:
- Chess Promotion in European Parliament;
- Women’s World Chess Championship Match 2016;
- European Individual Chess Championship 2016;
- European Senior Chess Championship 2016;
- European Amateur Chess Championship 2016;
- European Youth Chess Championship 2016;
- Fun Zone;
- Upcoming events in March 2016.
The ECU Newsletter February 2016 can be downloaded below or here
Fun Zone solutions:
I 1. Ke4 Ke6 2. Kf4#
II 1. Qb6 Ke7 (1…Kc8 2. Be6#) 2. Qc7#
III 1. Qg8 Nxd2 (1…Ne3 or Ng3 or Nh2 2. d5#) 2. d5#
IV 1. Rf6 Kxf6 2. Bd4#