The first ECU Board meeting in 2017 took place on 27th and 28th January in Antalya, Turkey. The Turkish Chess Federation hosted the Board members under the excellent conditions at Mardan Palace, during the Turkish Youth Championship 2017.
The ECU Board members had the chance to make the first ceremonial moves at the last rounds of the Championship, as well as to give the awards to the young Turkish champions!
Main information and decisions:
- The closing for the year 2016 was approved. The financial results of the organization are improving each year and the ECU is becoming a sustainable and reliable sports federation, trustable by the sports market and a wider audience.
- ECU Board, upgrading the ECU presence in international bodies, decided to sign Memorandums of cooperation with the European Fair Play Movement (http://www.fairplayeur.com) and the European Capital and Cities of Sports Federation “ACES” (http://www.aceseurope.eu/index.php/en/).
- The Board confirmed the organization of the 1st European Corporate Chess Championship 2017 in Paris from 24th to 25th November 2017.
- ECU Board confirmed that the Montenegro Chess Federation will organize the European Chess Amateur Championship 2018.
- The 2nd ECU Congress will take place from 1st to 5th November 2017 in Creta Maris hotel, in Crete/Greece.
- The next ECU Board meeting will take place in Riga/Latvia, during the European Individual Women’s Chess Championship 2017.
ECU FILES A CRIMINAL COMPLAINT IN SWITZERLAND
After the ECU General Assembly in Baku/Azerbaijan, all the investigation’s reports and materials from Bulgaria, Montenegro and FIDE Ethics Commission, as well related with the case press items & letters from the above countries, including Serbia, were sent to the major legal office in Zug/Switzerland for further evaluation.
Additionally were forwarded to Switzerland a number of threatening emails which were sent to ECU President and Board members blackmailing them to stop any investigation about specific individuals. The threatening emails were followed, systematically, with release of defaming material in specific sources as a product of the criminal offence of blackmail.
As the result of the material evaluation and as the commitment to the ECU members to make any effort to enlighten the case, the ECU Board gave the final approval for filing a criminal complaint in Zug, Switzerland for various criminal offences related to the operation of the shadow company ECU LLC Delaware and fraud against the organization.
Due to the complexity of the case and the number of countries involved, as well as depending on the decision of the Swiss authorities regarding the jurisdiction of the case, it may be decided that the legal actions will be continued in other countries as well.