The European Chess Union 2nd Board meeting for 2020, took place on the 28th of March through teleconference.
The main areas under discussion and decisions made were the following:
Funding – Partnerships
- ECU announces its Partnership with the London Based Company “Azeus Convene UK”
Azeus Convene is a multi-awarded and leading board management software that is used by directors and executives in more than 100 countries. Designed specifically for organisational leaders, it gives its users complete control over the entire meeting process – from pre-meeting preparation to post-meeting document distribution, distribution reducing the costs of administration.“Azeus Convene UK” will be an official supporter of European Chess Union for the year 2020.
- ECU Board appointed Mr. Sarkhan Hashimov (AZE) as the ECU Global Strategy Director (GSD). Mr. Hashimov has background and experience in Business Management, Strategy Development, Start-up creation as well as creation of business propositions for sponsoring. He has an established network and relations with the business community, and he worked and working for leading worldwide brands.
ECU GSD responsibilities includes:
- Analysis of the International Business Environment for supporting sports activities
- Advocating key strategic priorities and translating them into a comprehensive strategic plan.
- Designing, Communicating and implementing a company’s strategy in sponsoring, business and IT projects.
- Creating and communicating sponsorship packages and B2B partnerships.
3. ECU Board decided to make the necessary temporarily adjustments in 2020 budget due to the International crisis conditions.
- The ECU Board decided to prolong the deadline for bids for the 2022 events till 30th of October 2020. https://www.europechess.org/bidding-procedure/
- The European Women’s Chess Championship 2020 scheduled in Mamaia, Romania from 1st to 13th of June was postponed to 31st October – 12th November. The invitation will be updated in a due time.
- The European Golden Pawn Award Ceremony was postponed for the year 2021.
ECU Online activities
ECU Board approved a special program for online activities, the next 2 months. The program includes:
- The European Internet Championship 2020 from 15TH to 30TH May in co-operation with the leading online platform Chess.com.
- Online Webinars for School Chess Teachers and Arbiters
- Webinars for Distance Learning & Coaching
- Webinars of digitalisation of Sports Administration for European Chess federations
- Initiatives for the further popularization of Chess to the wide population.
- Co-operation with the FIDE Trainers Commission for targeted trainers’ seminars in Europe
ECU President Zurab Azmaiparashvili’s message following the ECU Board Meeting on 28th of March 2020, concerning the world crisis and the new initiatives by the European Chess Union.
ECU Secretary General