The ECU General Assembly was organized in Baku, Azerbaijan on 10th September 2016, during the 42nd Chess Olympiad, as part of 87th FIDE Congress.
The meeting took place under excellent conditions in the Fairmont Hotel.
Main Information and decisions
- Τhe ECU Board report and accounts for the year 2015 approved unanimously.
- The ECU Board motion against the Bulgarian Chess Federation membership was backed by 37 votes from 51 federations in attendance. 11 votes were against, 2 abstained (with blank ballots) and 1 was invalid. By this decision Bulgarian Chess Federation is expelled from the European Chess Union according to the article 7(b) of the ECU statutes.
- European Club Cup 2018 awarded to Rhodes, Greece.
- European Individual Women’s Chess Championship 2017 awarded to Riga, Latvia.
- European Youth Chess Championship U8-U18 2018 awarded to Riga, Latvia.
- European Individual Women’s Chess Championship 2018 awarded to Poprad-Tatry, Slovakia.
- European Youth Chess Championship U8-U18 2019 awarded to Poprad-Tatry, Slovakia.
- The ECU President announced the new ECU projects for the year 2017
- The 1st European Corporate Championship in Paris
- The 1st European Team School Internet Championship
- A pilot program for European Zonal Tournaments parallel to the European Championship.
- The ECU Youth Grand Prix