ECU Board Meeting & General Assembly press release
The ECU Board meeting and the General Assembly took place on 12 and 13 November respectively at the Terme Hotel in Terme Čatež, Slovenia, during the 2021 European Team Chess Championship with the generous hospitality of the Slovenian Chess Federation.
The President of the Slovenian Chess Federation, Milan Brglez, welcomed all delegates and informed about the special conditions and security measures that apply to the events. He confirmed that Slovenia will host the European Individual Championship in 2022.
The President of FIDE, Mr. Arkady Dvorkovich, attended the Board meeting and the General Assembly and thanked the ECU President, Board and all European federations for the good cooperation during the difficult years of the pandemic. Mr. Dvorkovich stressed that the mutual trust built between FIDE and ECU will lead to many more successful chess events and chess projects in the future.
Main information and decisions:
- The ECU
Board approved the ECU budget for 2022, as presented by ECU Treasurer, Mr.
- The ECU
Board discussed the proposed amendments on the Tournament regulations and the
ECU Fair Play Rules referring to various violations of sports ethics. It was
decided to be appointed a Fair play officer for the implementation of the
European Individual Chess Championship 2023 and the European Club Cup 2024 are
awarded to the Russian Chess Federation to be organized in Moscow and Sochi
European Team Chess Championship 2023 is awarded to the Montenegro Chess
Federation, as sole bidder. Montenegro Chess Federation confirmed also the
organization of the European Women’s Chess Championship 2023.
Chess Federation will host a special event dedicated to Women’s Chess in the
end of February 2022.
- European Federations members were represented at the ECU General Assembly 2021.
- The ECU General Assembly unanimously approved the report of the Board and the accounts of year the year 2020 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzxgLlHVF-s
- The ECU General Assembly unanimously approved the budget for the year 2022 with the note to reallocate higher amounts in development projects, if the circumstances allow it.
- The amendments on the Tournament regulations and the ECU Fair Play Rules, as proposed by the ECU Arbiters Council were approved with the note that ECU and FIDE shall discuss to have a final paper and common regulations of Fair Play issues for Online/Hybrid competitions.
- The reports from ECU Education Commission and Arbiters Council were presented.
- The new ECU project was presented:
“European Cities and Towns Chess Championship 2022”.
- The ECU Competitions Calendar 2022 was informed and a few competitions need to be finalized by dates. https://www.europechess.org/ecu-calendar-2022/
- The next ECU General Assembly is scheduled for the end of July 2022 in Moscow, Russia, during the World Chess Olympiad.