The 7th edition of the “Rencontres Internationales des Echecs Francophones” will take place from 4th-12th of August 2019 in Paris, in partnership with the “Fondation de la Maison de Tunisie”, the league “Île de France des Echecs”, the French Chess Federation and FIDE.
The tournament will attribute several 2019 Champions of La Francophonie titles: female & open champions, senior +50, veteran +65. Furthermore, by decision taken on FIDE General Assembly in Baku, all players finishing equal first will automatically receive International Master (IM) or Woman International Master (WIM) titles.
Guaranteed prices and trophies amount to 15000 €. All details to be found in attached pdf file. AIDEF member federations were invited to select the player who will be provided with free participation and accommodation in Paris.
1st edition of this event took place in Marrakech in 2013, when it moved to Beyrouth in 2014, afterwards in: Montréal 2015, Menton 2016, Yasmine Hammamet 2017, Tirana 2018 and Paris 2019 in partership with French Federation, League “Ile de France”, House of Tunisia in Paris, Europe-Echecs and FIDE.
This year the event includes:
- Competition for title of champion of Francophony in sections Open, Woman, Senior and Veteran
- Competition for title of champion of Francophony in blitz
- Fide Trainer Seminar with IA Stephen Boyd and Dominique Dervieux
- Fide trainer Seminar with FST Mickhael Gurevitch and FT Patrick Van Hoolandt
- Fide 1st meeting of Planning and Development Commission
- welcome evening with music
- Signature of convention of cooperation with AIDEF and chess24 in French + cocktail
- closing ceremony with cruise and dinner on the river (private boot)
During the event, many cultural events and moments of conviviality will be held, conductive to exchanges between Francophones from all the world.
More details about the events are available in files bellow.