The European Chess Union invites the National federations members to submit bids for the organization of the official European Chess Championships in 2021 & 2022.
The bids must be submitted exclusively in the Bid form regulated by the ECU (in the attachment). For any additional documents delivered separately from the bid form, it must be stated in the bid form what they relate to. Any document that reaches the ECU office after the official deadline will not be taken into consideration.
The deadline for bids to reach the European Chess Union office is the Friday 31st of May 2019. by 4 PM CET. All the bids must reach the European Chess Union office in one of the following ways:
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Personally, in a sealed envelope, in the ECU office in Tbilisi.
- By postal service or express postal service (DHL, Fedex, TNT…) to the address: European Chess Union, Kostava Str. 37a, Chess Palace, 0179 Tbilisi, Georgia.
A. The bidding procedure is open for the following ECU chess championships in 2021:
- European Individual Open Championship (estimated number of players: 350)
- European Individual Women Championship (estimated number of players: 150)
- European Club Cup for Women (estimated number of players: 80 – 20 teams)
- European Senior Individual Championship Championship (estimated number of players: 200)
- European Senior Team Championship (estimated number of players: 200 – 50 teams)
- European Youth Team Championship (estimated number of players: 200 – 50 teams)
- European Rapid & Blitz Championship (estimated number of players: 700)
- European Women’s Rapid & Blitz Championship (estimated number of players: 100)
- European School Championship (estimated number of players: 400)
- European Youth Rapid and Blitz Championships (estimated number of players: 300)
- European Amateur Championship (estimated number of players: 200)
- European Corporate Championship (estimated number of players 200 – 50 teams)
B. The bidding procedure is open for the following ECU chess championships in 2022:
- European Youth Championship 2022* (estimated number of players: 1000)
*The bid is accepted only as combined with the bid for the European individual Women Championship 2021
C. Bid fees
|Championship Open for bid||Bid fee (euros)|
|European Open Championship||1.000|
|European Championship for Women||1.000|
|European Youth Championship||1.000|
|European Senior Championship||500|
|European Rapid & Blitz Championship||500|
|European Rapid & Blitz Championship for Women||500|
|European School Championship||500|
|European Amateur Championship||500|
|European Youth Rapid and Blitz Championship||500|
|European Corporate Championship||500|
|European Team Championship for Youth||500|
|European Team Championship for Seniors||500|
|European Club Cup for Women||500|
A bid will only be taken into account if the federation concerned has paid a bid fee (as the table above), for each championship, to the bank account of the European Chess Union within one week after the deadline.
The deadline for the payment of a bid fee is the Friday 7th of June 2019.
D. Capacity of the Playing Halls
According the ECU Tournament regulations, the total space is calculated according the estimated number of participants of each event. Each Championship shall be played in the same paying hall. Multiple playing halls will be evaluated with fewer points by the inspectors.
The minimum size of a tournament hall shall foresee 3m2 per board and additionally 40 % (25% for youth tournaments) space for players’ and spectators’ corridors. The distance between the chess boards and the spectators should be not less than 1m.