GEORGIA APPROVES HUGE CHESS PROGRAMME UNTIL 2018 CHESS OLYMPIAD
On December 30 of 2014, the programme of chess development (2015-2018) has been approved by the government.
• Measures to support promotion and development of chess in Georgia.
• Trainings for Georgian National and Age teams to reach to appropriate level and for the players to compete successfully in international competitions.
• International competitions shall be held to a high level.
o 2015 – World Grand Prix
o 2016 – World Youth (8-12) Championship, Women’s World Grand Prix
o 2017 – World Cup o 2018 – European Individual Championships
• Promotion of national championships, club competitions and other tournaments.
• Organization of measures for the 2018 World Chess Olympiad, Batumi.
• Tbilisi international chess academy for the successful generation of chess.
• Georgia as one of the world chess center.
• Development of chess in different regions of Georgia.
• Promotion of “Chess in Schools” programme.
Georgian Chess Federation