EUROPEAN CLUB CUP 2018- Regulations
34th European Club Cup and the 23rd European Women Club Cup will be simultaneously held from 11th-19th October 2018 in Porto Carras, famous Greek seaside resort in Halkidiki.
The playing venue of the Championships will be the Congress Center of the Porto Carras Grand Resort and the official hotel of the event will be 5 stars hotel Sithonia.
Participation in 34th European Club Cup is open to:
- Globus, Russia, the current cup holder in the open competition.
- Three (3) clubs per federation in which a national team championship is organized or two (2) Clubs per federation in which no national team championship is organized.
- A fourth club is allowed to that federation(s) in which a national team championship is organized, provided that at least 10 teams, 20 grandmasters and/or players with a FIDE rating over 2600 have participated in the most recent national team championship.
- One additional club (only in the open competition) for the European federations, which are ranked in the first five places of the Federation ranking list. These federations are: Azerbaijan, Czech Republic, Russia, Israel and Italy.
- Any additional request for participation should be examined by the ECU Board.
Participation in 23rd European Club Cup for women is open to all Clubs whose federations are listed as ECU members.
Every federation that intends to participate, with one or more clubs, must inform the Organising Committee before 30th of June 2018 of its acceptance of the invitation, specifying also the exact number of the clubs participating. A copy should be sent to Tournament Director Mr. Petr Pisk, e-mail: email@example.com. Afterwards, the entry forms must be completed and returned to the Tournament office email: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday 10th August 2018- registration deadline.
The Championships will be held in 7 rounds, played in the Swiss system in accordance with the ECU Tournament Rules with time control 90 minutes for 40 moves plus 30 minutes for the rest of the game with an increment of 30 seconds per move, starting from move one. Draw offers before the 30th move made by black are strictly forbidden and violating the draw offering rule will be punished.
The total prize fund of the event will be 40.000 EUR with 22.000 EUR reserved for the Men’s competition and 13.000 EUR reserved for the Women’s competition. The rest of 5.000 EUR will be distributed to the best individual players with the best board results. The first three teams of each category will receive cups and medals.
Official regulations of European Club Cup 2018 can be downloaded bellow or here..
Registration forms for the European Club Cup 2018 can be downloaded bellow or here.
The official website of the European Club Cup 2018 is http://eurochess2018.com
Tournament Manager: IO Nikos Kalesis – Tel.: (+30) 6938326161