Dear Chess Friends,
We are in the pleasant situation to inform you that the invitations for the biggest part of the ECU Championships for the year 2017 have been published.
In continuation to the invitations, which were sent out by the previous Circular Letter, please find attached the invitations and official regulations for the following championships:
- The invitation for the European Individual Chess Championship 2017, 29 May – 11 June in Minsk, Belarus is published and you can find it attached in annex_1.
- The invitation for the European Amateur Chess Championship 2017, 09 – 17 June in Nis, Serbia is published and you can find it attached in annex_2.
- The invitation for the European Seniors Teams Chess Championship 2017, 24 June – 4 July in Novi Sad, Serbia is published and you can find it attached in annex_3.
- The invitation for the European Youth Team Chess Championship 2017,16 – 24 August in Rymanów Zdrój, Poland is published and you can find it attached in annex_4.
- The invitation for the European Women Rapid & Blitz Chess Championship 2017, 20 – 24 October in Monaco is published and you can find it attached in annex_5 and annex_6.
- The regulations for the 1st European Corporate Chess Championship 2017, 24 – 25 November in Paris, France is published and you find it attached in annex_7.
The invitation is addressed directly to corporate entities but we kindly ask the National federations to assist us promoting the event in order to strengthen our relations with the business community.
- The operation website for the 1st European School Team Chess Internet Championship on 16th and 23rd November is already in function http://www.ecuschoolsinternet2017.org.
- The invitation for bids for the 2019 European Championships is published. Deadline for the bids is Friday 28 April 2017. In annex_8 is the Invitation for bids. In annex_9 is the official ECU bid form.
The next ECU Board meeting will take place on 21st and 22nd April 2017 in Riga, Latvia.
Any proposal to be included in the agenda shall reach the ECU secretariat by the 31st March 2017.
The 2nd ECU Congress will take place from 1st to 5th of November 2017 in Crete, Greece.
With kind Regards,
ECU Secretary General